From: Patrik Jonsson (patrik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-25 13:46:53

Thanks for helping out! I've now spent two days trying to get this to
build...

Rene Rivera wrote:

>> Well, we do have <address-model>64

<address-model>64 ?!?!?

where the @#$(& are these options documented? I looked all over the
boost installation web page for options, but the "gcc toolset
configuration page" only mentions <cxxflags>. In fact, running google
reveals no hits on the boost web site for <address-model>, just some
mail lists... It would be easier for people to use the library if things
like this were documented on the installation page.

> Yep.. And it was intended exactly for this situation.. Just didn't
> have anyone that actually exercised this until now. Well at least no
> one complained until now ;-)
>
> OK.. I've made some changes that will hopefully handle this particular
> situation. Patrik if you want to try them out, the two files that you
> need to replace are attached. Just put them into the */tools/build/v1
> directory. And to get the functionality you need to invoke bjam
> something like:
>
> bjam ...
> "-sBUILD=<architecture>power/<address-model>64/<object-model>aix" ...

Ok, so I tried the new files, and it's not quite right:

warning: -maix64 and POWER architecture are incompatible

It seems I'm getting options -mcpu=power -mpowerpc64 -maix64. The
proper settings for my system would be -mcpu=power3 and -maix64 (which
according to the gcc documentation implies -mpowerpc64 and -mpowerpc).

I tried using <architecture>power3 but that seems to remove all the
options from the command line, so presumably that wasn't recognized.

/Patrik