From: Delfin Rojas (drojas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-26 12:37:27

I have never tried to build bjam and run it so I am not sure what may be
happening in your case. You can download pre-built bjam for Win32 from
SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=7586
<http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=7586&package_id=72941
> &package_id=72941).

On the other hand, putting bjam.exe on C:\Windows\system32 does not seem
like a good idea to me. Put bjam.exe where boost is (C:\temp\boost_1_32_0
for you).

Before running bjam you need to run vsvars32.bat which comes with Visual C++
7 installation. You will find it under Common7/Tools under your "Visual
Studio .NET 2003" folder. For example, for me it is at (C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\Tools\ vsvars32.bat). This
bat file sets the environment variables necessary to use the Visual C++
compiler from the command line which is what bjam will try to do.

Then go to your C:\temp\boot_1_32_0 and run "bjam.exe "-sTOOLS=vc-7_1"
install"

Hope this helps,

-delfin

  _____