From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-21 13:53:54

Edward Diener wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>>Edward Diener wrote:
>>

>>>Is there a way to pass a compiler define when invoking bjam ? I want to build my
>>>libraries with by defining BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK when linking to the dynamic
>>>run-time library. How do I do this ?
>>

>>bjam "-sBUILD=<define>BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK=1"
>>
>>And add any other arguments you wish :-)
>

> Thanks ! Where in the Boost Build documentation is the BUILD variable and its
> possible parameters described ?

That one is first mentioned here:

http://www.boost.org/more/getting_started.html#step5

It points you to the Boost.Build.v1 documentation (yes it's very sparse
documentation). But the documentation as to what the different
possibilities for the BUILD request is in the source of BBv1.
Specifically all the standard, some toolset have additional ones,
settings (features) are mentioned at:

http://www.boost.org/tools/build/v1/build_system.htm#feature_description

Which has a reference to:

http://www.boost.org/tools/build/v1/features.jam