From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-31 04:44:34

> I'm developing a windows application using regex++3.0 to solve regulare
> expression, but >i don't know how to add unicode support to it, anyone can
> give me some advice about it, >thanks a lot.

Depends what you mean by unicode support: on windows if you use
boost::wregex then you'll get a certain amount of Unicode support (character
classification works for example, but surrogate pairs do not).

Alternatively in Boost-1.33 there is optional support for ICU
(http://www-306.ibm.com/software/globalization/icu/index.jsp), which
together with Boost.Regex provides level 1 Unicode regex support (so
surrogate pairs do the right thing, and character classifications like
[[:Lu:]] work).

HTH, John.