From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-02 09:43:03

> I've just tried building it with the July build of Visual Studio
> 2005/VC8 , and it failed to update 8 targets. bjam output is below...
>
> bjam "-sTOOLS=vc-8_0" "-sBUILD=debug release <runtime-link>dynamic
> <threading>multi" --prefix=..\boost --builddir=..\boost-obj

This is getting ridiculous, seems like you can't use any part of the std lib
with that compiler without having to work around thousands of warnings.

I guess calling std::equal<const char*, const char*> is dangerous if you
don't check the lengths of the sequences first (I do though!), and in any
case it shouldn't be an error!

Can you see if the following snippet will compile:

const char* p1, *p2, *p3;
std::equal(p1, p2, p3);

If not can you file a bug report with Microsoft?

Many thanks, John.