From: Timothy Ritchey (tritchey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-10 22:27:21

On Aug 10, 2005, at 8:35 AM, Jeff Flinn wrote:

> I'm not sure if this will help, but the following will limit the
> scope of
> 'envelopeFailure'. This may be important if your code is reentrant
> through
> 'envelopeController.injectEnvelope'. I'm not sure what
> 'shared_dynamic_cast'
> is above, but assume you meant 'dynamic_pointer_cast'?
>
> if( shared_ptr<EnvelopeFailure> envelopeFailure
> = dynamic_pointer_cast<EnvelopeFailure>(envelope) )
> {
> failedEnvelope( envelopeFailure->getFrom() );
> }

Thank you for the pointer - that is a good recommendation for me. I
know there are several places where I can benefit from that layout. I
upgraded my intel compiler to 8.1.025 and the problem has gone away.

Regarding the shared_dynamic_cast - that is what I have been using
all along to perform the equivalent of a dynamic_cast on shared_ptr
objects. I've never seen your version :-) I just did a google on it,
and found out pretty quickly that I am using a deprecated cast
function. I now have two things to thank you for!

Cheers,
tim