From: martin f krafft (madduck_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-12 01:34:29

Hi boosters,

I am trying to put John Torjo's wonderful logging library[0] to use.
Unfortunately, it's not in boost yet, but I need it now already. How
do I build it? Can I build it separately from an existing boost?

0. http://www.torjo.com/code/logging.zip

I found that I can unzip the file over boost 1.33 and bjam will
automatically build it. However, there are a couple of problems with
it, specifically with the generated library files:

 - the SONAME of the libraries will be 1.33.0. I don't think this is
   appropriate since the library is not in 1.33.0. I'd rather use an
   SONAME of 0.0.20050801. How can I tell bjam to use this as an
   SONAME for just libs/log ?

 - The filename includes 1.33.0 as well:

     libboost_log-gcc-mt-1_33_0.so

   How can I change this to 0_0_22050801 ?

 - The static libraries include a "s" in the name to indicate they
   are static:

     libboost_log-gcc-mt-s-0_0_20050801.a

   None of the other boost libraries on my Debian system include
   this 's', and the Debian package build script just does not deal
   well (I'd like to make a package since I need it on multiple
   machines). How can I prevent the 's' from being put in there?

I appreciate any help! And thanks to John for this nice library!

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net_at_madduck

invalid/expired pgp (sub)keys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus_at_[hidden]

"zwei monologe, die sich gegenseitig
 immer und immer wieder störend unterbrechen,
 nennt man eine diskussion."
                                                    -- charles tschopp