From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-26 17:57:52

tonton wrote:
>> This simple test fails to compile with gcc 4.0.1 (or 4.0.2, it's the
>> debian unstable version) and boost 1.33.0 if the date_time include is
>> uncommented.

>> Is there any known incompatibility between the two libraries ?

This appears to be the GCC 4.0 + SFINAE + anonymous enum problem discussed in
this thread: http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2005/08/91958.php. I'd guess
that Date_Time is using anonymous enum (directly or indirectly) and it's
interfering with a SFINAE'd operator in Iostreams, or vice versa. Even if I can
fix the interaction between Date_Time and Iostreams, it may still be a problem
when one of the two libraries is used with certain non-Boost libraries.

I'll work on fixing it. In the mean time, it would be helpful if you could name
the several anonymous enums defined in Iostreams and report back. E.g., at line
148 of boost/iostreams/filter/aggregate.hpp, change

    enum {

    enum flag_type {

(you can use the name "flag_type" everywhere.) The affected files seem to be

  boost/iostreams/filter/aggregate.hpp
  boost/iostreams/filter/gzip.hpp
  boost/iostreams/filter/line.hpp
  boost/iostreams/filter/symmetric.hpp