From: Hossein Haeri (powerprogman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-18 06:13:51

Cromwell,

> > AFAIK, there is no mpl::vector_c which can hold
> > string literals. Or is it?
>
> MPL vectors can hold characters, e.g.:
>
> typedef

mpl::vector_c<char,'h','e','l','l','o','w','o','r','l','d'>
> pseudo_string_literal_0;
>
> Then you can nest MPL vectors, like this:
>
> typedef mpl::vector< pseudo_string_literal_0, ... >
> pseudo_string_vector;
>
> Then write an STL UnaryFunction to output the
> characters of each pseudo_string_literal. Finally,
> put it all together with mpl::for_each<>.

Yeap. But this does not fit into my needs. I need
something in which I can directly plug string
literals. Something like:

vector_c<const char*, "Foo", "Bar", "Blah", "...">

You know why? 'Cause I do (pre-processor) text
substitution.

> > Any volunteers please?
>
> Sorry, I have time only to give you this brief
> outline. (I'm busy trying to implement some
> numeric metafunctions, compile-time rationals, etc.)

So far even you've been so nice. Thanks! :)

TTFN,
--Hossein