From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-29 10:55:40

Jim Douglas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (New to Boost & bjam - not QNX)
>
> I am trying to build the Boost libs for QNX 6.3.0 on both the Windows hosted
> and QNX hosted development platforms using the gcc tools.
>
> What happens if I build out of the box is -
>
> Under Windows most of the libraries build, but they have Windows suffixes
> ".lib" and ".dll" which suggest that the build options are targeting
> Windows.
>
> Under QNX most of the build fails. The principal error seems to be a message
> "g++: unrecognised option -pthread". I have tried running './configure' but
> that does not make any difference.
>
> If I have interpreted the docs correctly perhaps the version 2 build system
> would be more appropriate for cross platform builds? Can I specify or detect
> the host, target and toolset independently?
>
> Any help and advice greatly appreciated...

1. If you are going to attempt a cross-platform build with BBv1 then you
will have to create a new toolset specifically for this.

2. QNX is not one of the platforms Boost supports, i.e. no one builds
and tests on it, so you will get build errors even though it uses GCC
3.3.1 and Dinkumware 4.0.2.

3. There are some improvements for QNX in the RC_1_33_0 branch in CVS
you will want. Like some code config, build, and bjam changes.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything