From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-11 10:20:49

"Karl Meerbergen" <Karl.Meerbergen_at_[hidden]> wrote

> When BOOST_TYPEOF_NATIVE is defined, the following code does not
> compile, and this is precisely what I want to do.

> template <class T1, class T2>
> struct my_struct {
> typedef BOOST_TYPEOF_TPL( T1()+T2() ) type;
> };

What is the error message? Do you have the same problem if you use
__typeof__ directly?

> When BOOST_TYPEOF_NATIVE is not defined, including
> boost/typeof/std/complex.hpp produces the error message

> typeof/std/complex.hpp", line 15.2: 1540-0130 (S)
> "BOOST_TYPEOF_REGISTER_TEMPLATE_PARAM_PAIR" is not declared.

Right, this is what regressions show. It fails to fully preprocess the
text -- I would need the preprocessor output to start looking into this
problem...

> There might
> be a simple trick to avoid this problem? Thanks,

No, I doubt there is a simple solution :-(

Regards,
Arkadiy