From: François Duranleau (duranlef_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-13 11:03:36

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Piyush Kapadia wrote:

> Is there any faster version of std::map ? I heard there is a faster hashmap
> implementation, does boost have anything in this regard ?

As far as I know, Boost does not offer any equivalent of hash_map, but
only hash functions. Many Standard Library implementations do provide a
hash_map. For instance, in libstdc++ (for g++), to use the hash_map, you
have to include <ext/hash_map>, and the template class is in the namespace
__gnu_cxx. I do not know about other implementations. I believe STLport
has a hash_map as well.

You can find documentation on hash_map here:
http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/hash_map.html

I think that there will be a hash map (called unsorted_map) in the next
C++ standard, which will actually look a lot similar to SGI's hash_map.

--
Francois