From: Bruno Martínez (br1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-19 21:13:33

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:12:08 -0200, JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z <joaquin_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Hello Bruno, thanks for using Boost.MultiIndex!

Thank you, Joaquín! It's a great piece of work.

> Basically, something like that should be done, right.
> Actually enable_if only works for highly compliant
> compilers, so I'll have to resort to some uglier
> mechanism, but it can be done. This is planned to
> be solved (or added as a new feature, if you wish)
> in Boost 1.34. The problem was first brought
> to my attention in http://tinyurl.com/dnfzs.
> In the meantime I'm afraid you are forced to write
> your own key extractor (which is trivial, in any case.)

Sorry, I should have searched a little bit better.

In any case, I'm confused as to why can't I cast a Base::member to
Derived::member at compile time. Any idea? I searched
comp.lang.c++[.moderated] without success.

Bruno