From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-20 02:57:33

Huifeng Shen wrote:

> I try again. I compile the bcp with mingw and it pass, but compiling
> with vc7.1 it fail. The error is: licence_info.cpp(18) : error C2001:
> newline in constant

I think John is right, you might run into a character coding issue. For
John and for me, the line is question looks correct, the string is
terminated correctly.

As I am sending this mail in UTF-8, you should be able to see the line as
it looks for us: "Copyright|\\(c\\)|©"

The character code for the last character before the closing quote is 0xA9,
which might be the start of some composite character in the encoding you
use locally, swallowing the following closing double quote.

Anyway, I think the code in question is at least very bad style because is
uses a non-ASCII character, which gives you all sort of portability
problems. Maybe it should be replaced with "Copyright|\\(c\\)|\xA9".

Markus