From: Chris Hoeppler (hoeppler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-25 01:15:57

On Monday 24 October 2005 19:35, David Abrahams wrote:

> > I don't seem to be able to build a current cvs checkout of boost on a
> > linux system on which I used to be able to build all the boost libraries
> > by invoking 'bjam stage' on the cvs version of a couple of weeks ago. Did
> > something change with respect to the build procedure?
> >
> > Invoking bjam on a clean cvs checkout results in the following output:
> >
> > ~/boost> bjam
> > Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.
> > Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
> > (and if you don't know what ICU is then you probably don't need it).
> > ...found 3548 targets...
> > ~/boost> bjam stage
> > Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.
> > Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
> > (and if you don't know what ICU is then you probably don't need it).
> > don't know how to make stage
> > ...found 1 target...
> > ...can't find 1 target...
> >
> > Any idea what's going wrong here?
>
> Are you sure you've got a full CVS image?

Yes, I am quite sure. I checked out the full cvs src tree via

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous_at_[hidden]:2401/cvsroot/boost co boost

I just did an update within this cvs image with

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous_at_[hidden]:2401/cvsroot/boost update -d

The build behavior is still as reported above, i.e. nothing is built when
invoking bjam.

Chris