From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-09 15:05:18

Paul Giaccone wrote:
> For booleans, though, a value of other than 0 or 1 means it has not
> been initialised, and perhaps this should throw an exception on
> writing to the archive rather than on reading from it.

Hmmm, I'm not sure about this. Do we know for a fact that a bool variable
will always contain 1 or 0? I've never seen code trap on an un-initialized
bool. It seems that even an uninitialized bool corresponds to true or
false.

Perhaps part of the problem is that I used 0 and 1 for bool variable
in order to not included english strings "true" and "false" in text files
and to save space.

I'll think about this.

Robert Ramey