From: Andrew Mellinger (amelling_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-15 10:29:01

Everyone,

  I apologize if this isn't the right forum for bjam issues, but I can't
find a group specifically for bjam. If someone knows of one, please direct
me that way.

  I have tried searching google, but haven't identified anything relevant.

  I am trying to build bjam on SunOS 5.8 using gcc 3.1 with the posix thread
model. When I do a gcc-v I also get:

Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as
--with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld --disable-nls

  I don't know if any of that is relevant. When I run ./build.sh from the
jam_src directory (either in boost source tree or a download of 3.1.11) I
get the following output.

###
### Using 'gcc' toolset.
###
rm -rf bootstrap
mkdir bootstrap
gcc -o bootstrap/jam0 command.c compile.c execnt.c execunix.c execvms.c
expand.c filent.c fileos2.c fileunix.c filevms.c glob.c hash.c hdrmacro.c
headers.c jam.c jambase.c jamgram.c lists.c make.c make1.c newstr.c option.c
parse.c pathunix.c pathvms.c regexp.c rules.c scan.c search.c subst.c
timestamp.c variable.c modules.c strings.c filesys.c builtins.c pwd.c
class.c native.c modules/set.c modules/path.c modules/regex.c
modules/property-set.c modules/sequence.c modules/order.c
./bootstrap/jam0 -f build.jam --toolset=gcc --toolset-root= clean
...found 1 target...
...updating 1 target...
...updated 1 target...
./bootstrap/jam0 -f build.jam --toolset=gcc --toolset-root=
don't know how to make command.c
don't know how to make compile.c
don't know how to make expand.c
don't know how to make glob.c
don't know how to make hash.c
don't know how to make hcache.c
don't know how to make headers.c
don't know how to make hdrmacro.c
don't know how to make jam.c
don't know how to make jambase.c
don't know how to make jamgram.c
don't know how to make lists.c
don't know how to make make.c
don't know how to make make1.c
don't know how to make newstr.c
don't know how to make option.c
don't know how to make parse.c
don't know how to make regexp.c
don't know how to make rules.c
don't know how to make scan.c
don't know how to make search.c
don't know how to make subst.c
don't know how to make timestamp.c
don't know how to make variable.c
don't know how to make modules.c
don't know how to make strings.c
don't know how to make filesys.c
don't know how to make builtins.c
don't know how to make pwd.c
don't know how to make class.c
don't know how to make native.c
don't know how to make modules/set.c
don't know how to make modules/path.c
don't know how to make modules/regex.c
don't know how to make modules/property-set.c
don't know how to make modules/sequence.c
don't know how to make modules/order.c
don't know how to make execunix.c
don't know how to make fileunix.c
don't know how to make pathunix.c
...found 43 targets...
...updating 1 target...
...can't find 40 targets...
...can't make 1 target...
[MKDIR] bin.solarisx86
...skipped bjam for lack of command.c...
...skipped 1 target...
...updated 1 target...

  So for some reason jam0 can't identify the source files. I'm not sure
why, I have very little experience with the bjam boostrap process. Does
anyone have any hints or can they point me to some other resources?

Thanks for your time,
-Andrew