From: Drumheller, Michael (michael.drumheller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-29 14:16:36

Thank you for the help. I have seen that link (the one you supplied)
before, but I posted my question because that link in particular does
not mention the words "Boost.Serialization" or "Archive" at all. I
suppose what I was really getting at, and was probably not very clear
about (sorry :| ) was whether the specific approach (by N. Becker) of
using a stringstream wrapped with a boost::archive::binary_oarchive is a
standard idiom. (Basically, I would have thought that "python pickle
boost::archive" would be a million-hit Google query, but it's only about
a dozen. I find that weird. Do people just not serialize their C++
extensions very often?)

Thanks again. I really appreciate the help.

MD

Message: 4