From: David M Garza (David.M.Garza_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-29 20:31:42

I would like to install parts of Boost, for now the uBLAS and smart
pointer libraries, on a workstation running HP-UX 11.22. I'm using gcc
3.4.3, not HP's C++ compiler.

bjam seems to build okay, but when I try to use bjam to install just the
uBLAS library using the command

~/bin/bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc" --prefix=/home/dgarza/
--builddir=/tmp/build-scratch/ --with-ublas

it tries to build Boost.Python, Boost.Regex, and possibly other
libraries, then gives the message

...found 3330 targets...

then quits saying nothing else. I know it's trying to build Python and
Regex because it prints messages about building those libraries, I don't
know what else it's trying to build. When I add "stage" to the end of
the command, bjam tries to build Python and Regex, then says

don't know how to make stage
...found 1 target...
...can't find 1 target...

When I try "install" instead of "stage," bjam seems to try installing
everything. It ends with the message

...updated 3571 targets...

The bjam documentation and help say the --with- option should make bjam
just build/stage/install the specified library, but that isn't what is
happening. Is there a list of dependencies for the different parts of
Boost? Does uBLAS actually require Python and Regex?

Related to this, would it be possible to provide a list of the names
acceptable in the --with- and --without- options? Since uBLAS is under
numeric I wasn't sure if the appropriate library name was numeric,
ublas, uBLAS, numeric/ublas, etc. I tried to see if I could find a list
of names somewhere but I nothing jumped out in the files I looked at.
Does it just go by directory names?

Thanks,
David