From: Eric Belanger (belanger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-06 19:21:01

Hello,

I'm trying to build openvrml 0.15.10 which uses the Boost library.
However, I get the following error message:

/usr/include/boost/numeric/conversion/detail/converter.hpp:233: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
/usr/include/boost/numeric/conversion/detail/converter.hpp:238: error: type/value mismatch at argument 6 in template parameter list for 'template<class expr0, class expr1, class TT, class TF, class FT, class FF> struct boost::numeric::convdetail::for_both'
/usr/include/boost/numeric/conversion/detail/converter.hpp:238: error: expected a type, got '0l'
/usr/include/boost/numeric/conversion/detail/converter.hpp:238: error: 'type' does not name a type

which appears to be a problem with the header file. I'm using Linux with
gcc 4.0.2.

The problematic code from converter.hpp is :

    template<class PredA, class PredB>
    struct combine
    {
      typedef applyBoth<PredA,PredB> Both ;
      typedef void None ; //LINE 233

      typedef typename PredA::do_apply do_applyA ;
      typedef typename PredB::do_apply do_applyB ;

      typedef typename for_both<do_applyA, do_applyB, Both, PredA, PredB, None>::type type ; //LINE 238
    } ;

Can anyone confirm that there is indeed a problem with the converter.hpp
header file? If so, how could it be fixed?

Thanks.

Regard,
Eric Belanger

believed to be clean.