From: Peter Whaite (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-08 17:19:30

I was kinda hoping I could construct a std::map with default data
objects, then use serialization to overwrite some of the their member
variables. Unfortunately serialization completely replaces the map's
data objects. I see in 'collections_load_imp.hpp' what I presume is
code to do what I want but it is commented out:

 template<class Archive, class Container, class InputFunction, class R>
 inline void load_collection(Archive & ar, Container &s){
 // if(0 != (ar.get_flags() & boost::archive::no_object_creation))
 // copy_collection<Archive, Container>(ar, s);
 // else
         rebuild_collection<Archive, Container, InputFunction, R>(ar, s);

Is there any chance that copy_collection will work one day, or has it
been abandoned?

---
Peter Whaite.