From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-12 23:21:50

Here would be the scenario;

Serialization works like this:

a) You make your program.
b) Your program creates and updates data. Updates might created new data,
modify existing data or delete data.
c) At some point you serialize all the data to a file.
d) Later you load the data. Things are as they were at the end of step b.
e) At some later point you serialize the data again. The archive includes
all the data currently in your C++ program. Any data you deleted in your
program isn't there any more.

I don't know if this helps - but there it is.

Robert Ramey