From: Mark Van De Vyver (mvdv_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-15 05:03:18

Jonathan Turkanis <technews <at> kangaroologic.com> writes:

> Just want to let you know I've seen this message; I have to think abot it
> a bit.

That is fine, I'm a _little_ more familiar with the library and have
thought how I'd best use it against my 'problem', a work around
should be possible.

On a related point is it possible to pass arrays of more than one
dimension as the input and output buffer? I hadn't yet seen this
explicitly in an example or any of the mailing list postings. Here I
had in mind to consider using Blitz++ (using transposeSelf) - this
gets me several rows of the same character/byte which I expect will
compress well and quickly.

BTW I posted (via gmane, so I don't have a copy unfortunately, nnd
this post is a 'test') a little note on one of the examples, but
I've not seen that on the list - did it come to your attention?
Admittiedly it was posted before I'd acknowledged my boost.user
subscription.

Regards Mark