From: Nat Goodspeed (ngoodspeed_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-18 21:07:02

[Nat] We don't use bjam at all. We're using three "built" Boost
libraries, and we hand-defined projects for each of them within our own
VS .NET 2003 solution. This way we're sure the build configuration for
these Boost libraries matches our own code, and we can use the debugger.

> Some questions:
> 1) How do I avoid the following warning output when building with
bjam?

[Nat] Don't use bjam :-)

> 2) I am used to having solution and project files for Microsoft
> Development
> Environment (MDE) using Visual C++.
> bjam apparently does not create these files.
> Can I get bjam to create project files?

[Nat] I don't believe it can do that. Maybe somebody out in cyberspace
has written a conversion utility to read bjam files and generate
equivalent .vcproj files -- but I wouldn't count on it.

When we went spelunking through the Boost source tree, we found a .dsp
file for one of the libraries we're using, and VS .NET 2003 was willing
to read that and convert it to a .vcproj file. But really, it wasn't
that hard to hand-create the other project files. Once you know where
the appropriate source directory is, you just include every .cpp file in
that directory.