From: Jeffrey Holle (jeffreyholle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-20 18:48:13

Though I'd pipe in a way to find a path between two vertices within a tree.
This is a required step in implementing a network simplex method algorithm,
which I've done.
Its based on Vasik Chvatal's Linear Programming book.

He has a chunk of this book on-line that describes most of the path finding
algorithm:
http://www.esc.auckland.ac.nz/teaching/Engsci450FC/NetworksModule/NOChapter4.pdf

The algorithm employs depth and predecessor arrays. These need to be
initialized from your tree. The above mentioned pdf tells how. I found that
boost.graph is set up quite well to initialize them.

If your task is finding the path between a lot of vertices on a static tree, it
could be efficiently used. This is mainly because the paths from the target and
from the source can be found "at the same time".