From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-02 04:41:25

On 12/27/05 10:52 PM, "Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

>> I had the same problem with vc 7.1.
>
> Strange. I never had problems like this with vc7.1
>
>> If you add 'static' to all
>> variables definitions in anonymous namespaces it works fine.
>
> But anonimous namespace should do the trick itself!

I don't think that the two concepts are identical. For a global object
defined in a file, "static" limits that object to only be reachable to other
items within that file. An object in the anonymous namespace has an
unreachable name outside its file, but the object itself is still
technically a program-wide global.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie