From: Roman Gershman (romange_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-03 03:02:14

Dear All,

I got a trouble with building bjam.exe and I need your help.

I downloaded boost 1.33.1 today and put it into c:\boost_1_33_1 directory.
I failed to build bjam.exe when running build.bat from
tools\build\jam_src directory.
The outputs of the first and second runs (1.txt and 2.txt
respectively) of the build.bat are attached.

I have Visual Net 2003 with windows xp sp2 32bit on AMD athlon x2 64
(dual core).

The interesting thing is that the script creates (empty) directory
c:\bin.ntx86 during its run.
I guess it should not happen since it should be created in jam_src.

Moreover, when I take bjam.exe from other place, put it into my
computer and try to build boost I get similar results : bjam creates
directories "bin", "stage" in the root directory (c:\) instead of
creating it in c:\boost1.33.1

Thanks in advance,

  Roman Gershman