From: Pooyan McSporran (duckfreezone_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-14 02:38:10

I'm in the process of converting a large pile of legacy code which uses raw
pointers to instead use boost::shared_ptr exclusively. I've got almost all
of it converted and working, with one exception.

Normally, given a type of Foo I define a smart pointer FooPtr, for example:
  class Foo;
  typedef boost::shared_ptr<Foo> FooPtr;

But some code uses a templated type, for example:
  template<typename T> class Foo;

Ideally, I'd use a templated typedef, for example:
  template<typename T> typedef boost::shared_ptr<Foo<T> > FooTPtr;
but that is currently illegal in C++.

Has anyone found a clean workaround?

For now, I'll just do without a typedef in this case :)