From: Oliver.Kowalke_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-01-20 04:16:19

Hello,
I try to understand how boost::statechart work - so I have some
questions.
If the FSM implements a communication protocol how does the FSM interact
with the environment?

1. Problem: How to passing callback-functions to the FSM?
* The callback should be invoked if the FSM is in a certain state
and some conditions are met.
* Do I have to pass the callback(s) with an event which has to be
injected to the FSM from outside and store them in a given state?
2. Problem: How to pass initialization parameter into the FSM?
* Some states need to be initialized with parameters (for instance
host and port in order to create a socket).
* Do I Have to pass the parameters via injected events?
3. Problem: How to pass data between several states in an FSM?
* Same as Problem 2?

With best regards,
Oliver