From: Leon Mergen (leon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-24 13:08:27

Hello,

Little question: I'm toying around to replace my socket_stream class
with a boost::iostreams::stream class to implement a more generic
approach... now, I use the socket file descriptor/handle as a unique
identifier in my application, and so far this could easily be retrieved;
however, when the boost::iostreams::stream "layer" is on top of my
socket class, this is pretty much inaccessable.

What is the most common approach to handle this problem ? I really don't
want to resort to some kind of tuple which describes the stream and the
handle, but at the moment, a construction like that is the only thing my
mind can come up with... any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance for any reactions.

Regards,

Leon Mergen