From: John Christopher (jcxxr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-30 20:25:02

Hi,

I would advise new Boost users to spend the time to read at least the
introduction of each library to try to grasp the scope of Boost. I know it
is quite time-consuming and ways to make that task easier are welcome. A
5-15 line description for each library in addition to the current 1-line
description would help. For each category, an introduction presenting and
contrasting the libraries. When libraries overlap (Regex, Spirit,
Xpressive...) which one to chose? I'd love a section "STL booster" that
would gather and organize libraries that might be useful to process an STL
container. A section "Boost Essentials" that would include filesystem,
date-time, smart_ptr, timer... (they are the first libraries I have used).
Which libraries will go to TR1 and does that mean that codes that compile
with Boost will compile with the next version of C++ without boost?

JCR