From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-01 12:25:42

I compiled the following program wiht no errors on my vc 7.1 system with no
errors or warnings

Robert Ramey

#include <fstream>

#include <boost/archive/text_oarchive.hpp>

#include <boost/archive/text_iarchive.hpp>

#include <boost/serialization/base_object.hpp>

#include <boost/serialization/utility.hpp>

class gps_position

{

friend std::ostream & operator<<(std::ostream &os, const gps_position &gp);

friend class boost::serialization::access;

int degrees;

int minutes;

float seconds;

template<class Archive>

void serialize(Archive & ar, const unsigned int /* file_version */){

ar & degrees & minutes & seconds;

}

public:

// every serializable class needs a constructor

gps_position(){};

gps_position(int _d, int _m, float _s) :

degrees(_d), minutes(_m), seconds(_s)

{}

};

void save(const std::string & filename)

{

//boost::recursive_mutex::scoped_lock lock(_nodeMutex);

std::ofstream outFile;

outFile.open(filename.c_str(), std::ios::binary);

boost::archive::text_oarchive archiveFile(outFile);

// simple test

const gps_position g;

archiveFile << g;

outFile.close();