From: Drumheller, Michael (michael.drumheller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-03 12:50:49

Main stumbling point for me was bjam. It's not so much of a problem for
building the libraries themselves--you don't need to know anything about
it at all, really. But when you start building your own extensions, it
would be helpful to have a dozen or so examples of really basic
operations, like changing the destination directory, defining a
preprocessor macro on the compiler command line, stuff like that.

I have to say, I'm almost embarrassed to be writing this, because it
seems like nobody on this list ever complains about bjam. So maybe it's
just me. But to me, bjam is an incomprehensible monster, a big YALITTC
(yet-another-link-in-the-tool-chain) that just makes it harder to sell
boost within an organization.

Michael D.