From: Joerg Ruedenauer (nospam_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-03 13:50:00

Hello,

we use our own assertion handler and assert macro in our code, defined
in a header which gets included at the end of our precompiled header
file. Unfortunately, many boost libraries undermine this because they
include the cassert header, which redefines the assert macro. Currently
we work around this by putting some boost libraries in the precompiled
header and including our own assert header again in each source file
which includes boost headers, but this is a clumsy and error-prone
solution. Boost already nominately provides a solution through
BOOST_ENABLE_ASSERT_HANDLER, but it's just not used consequently
throughout the libraries.

Could the authors of the libraries (or the reviewers) please grep
through the code and change the cassert (or assert.h) includes to
boost/assert.hpp, and consequently, change assert(...) to
BOOST_ASSERT(...)? I've found the inclusion particularly often in the
serialization, graph, iostream and random libraries, but also in regex,
signals, ptr_container and many other headers.

Regards,

Joerg Ruedenauer