From: Orhun Birsoy (obirsoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-08 15:52:28

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 10:39:09 -0700, John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

>> The extracted directory contains 1246 Files (8.75 MB), and it looks
>> like it contains bind, function, iterator, mpl, preprocessor, regex,
>> thread, type_traits, utility, smart_ptr libraries from boost.
>> (boost/mpl contains 649 files, boost/preprocessor contains 149 files)
>>
>> Although I used make files to build (VC80), when building regex, it
>> didn't require the thread library. I wonder whether it is really
>> necessary.
>
> It's used as a fallback when it can't otherwise identify the threading
> model, and I suspect that Boost.Thread is responsible for pulling in bind
> and function (since I don't use them).
>
>> I wonder whether similar tricks are available for regex as well.
>
> You could comment out the thread lib includes in
> boost/regex/pending/static_mutex.hpp and see if that helps.
>
> John.

Thank you, I was able to reduce the file count to 358 (3.89MB) be
modifying static_mutex.hpp, and removing icu.hpp, icu.cpp (I do not plan
to use them for now).
Although I was able to build, I have not tried the tests nor examples.

--
Orhun Birsoy