From: Robert Vinluan (rvinluan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-10 12:47:35

Hi All,

I'm experiencing a similar problem on Windows.

I was able to build the iostreams library with zlib support just fine.
However, I got an error when I tried linking my program with the library:

LINK: fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'libboost_zlib-vc71-mt-gd-1_33_1.lib'

I'm not too sure why the linker is looking for this file since I
compiled the iostreams library using my own zlib library.

Here's the command I used to build iostreams:

bjam -sTOOLS=vc-7_1 --with-iostreams -sNO_BZIP2=0 -sZLIB_BINARY=zdll
-sZLIB_INCLUDE=C:/dev/include -sZLIB_LIBPATH=C:/dev/lib install

zdll.lib, zlib.lib and zlib1.dll were located in my C:/dev/lib folder.

Any ideas on what's happening here?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob