From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-18 11:20:09

Tyler Mandry wrote:

> Are there some paths that bcp is taking that aren't really neccessary?

Unfortunately bcp isn't smart enough to not look into optional dependencies
that are guarded by #ifdef. In this particular case it follows the
dependency to detail/quick_allocator.hpp, which in turn brings in the
type_traits and mpl libraries. But quick_allocator.hpp is only used if you
#define BOOST_SP_USE_QUICK_ALLOCATOR.

> Can I narrow this huge vat of files down to the ones that I *really* need,
> or is this it?
> How?

The only reliable way that I know of is to copy the required headers into a
pristine include directory one by one until your program compiles. Not
particularly elegant, but it works. In shared_ptr's case you need

boost/assert.hpp
boost/current_function.hpp
boost/checked_delete.hpp
boost/throw_exception.hpp

Most of boost/detail/, so I just copy it wholesale
boost/config/*