From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-20 10:10:39

JaeWook Choi wrote:
> Hello Peter,
>
> Thank you so much. It seems both solutions are working well.
> BTW, Is there any links that explain the differences /or commons
> between boost::bind & boost::lambda::bind in their usage?

There is

http://www.boost.org/doc/html/lambda/s08.html#id2713474

but it doesn't seem to address neither of the questions you raised in your

It should be possible to deduce most of the differences between lambda::bind
and boost::bind by reading the documentation of the two libraries. For
example, & doesn't work with boost::bind because boost::bind is not a
"lambda" library and doesn't support operators (except for a very limited
subset:

http://www.boost.org/libs/bind/bind.html#operators

that is a recent addition.)

Lambda, on the other hand, doesn't support the boost::bind macro
BOOST_BIND_ENABLE_STDCALL, however if you read

http://www.boost.org/libs/bind/bind.html#Q_win32_api

you'll see that it suggests an alternative of using bind<R>(...), so it
makes sense to try it with lambda::bind and see whether it works. :-)

Ideally, lambda::bind would be a superset of boost::bind, but for various
reasons this is not the case today; at some point we probably need to accept
this sad fact and write a page that lists all differences between the two.