From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-20 13:32:37

> This extra line doesn't seem to be in CVS yet, did you forget to
> commit, or should I add it for you? :-)

Apologies: I should have been clearer: bcp has been updated to recognise

//@bcp optional message-text
#include <optional-header.hpp>

But I deliberately haven't changed any headers, please do go ahead and
experiment with this and make changes to whatever headers you see fit to :-)

There have also been some useful suggestions from Jeff Garland that I want
to mull over, conceptually we could have some thing like:

//@bcp default=enable name=Wow Optional feature Wow is enabled by default
use --disable-Wow to suppress it's inclusion

or:

//@bcp default=disable name=Wow Optional feature Wow is disabled by default
use --enable-Wow to force it's inclusion

and

//@bcp suppress

which would unconditionally suppress the inclusion of the following include.

But I haven't really thought all that through yet. Jeff's idea of a
separate file for optional includes would make it easier for lib authors to
exclude inclusion of headers through a whole set of files, but requires
rather more modifications to bcp than may be wise this close to a release?

There may be synergies with Boost.Build as well, as I believe that scans
headers in a similar way to bcp.

John.