From: Stewart Loving-Gibbard (sloving-gibbard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-23 19:02:08

Calderon Hector wrote:
> How do you request the hotfix?

Let me be clear that there is, as of yet, no hotfix available from MS
for this issue. I did formally request one be made available, however.

I called 800-936-5800, and used one of my MSDN support incidents to
request a technical support issue. If it results in my getting a hotfix,
I believe I will not be charged for my incident. If you do not have
MSDN, I believe you might have to pony up the $250 charge on your credit
card before you are granted an audience with a tech. Same
refund-if-hotfix policy should apply here, however.

I tried the workaround, by the way -- the rebuild of the runtime
libraries failed midway through. I've reported this.

Stewart