From: Rohit Chaudhri (rohit.chaudhri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-24 20:57:48

Hello,
I have recently started to work with Boost 1.33 on Linux. I have an
X86 based Ubuntu Linux machine. I have installed Scratchbox 1.0
(www.scratchbox.org) on this machine for embedded linux development.
I'm able to build boost on Ubuntu, however when I try to do the same
within Scratchbox using an arm-gcc-glibc toolchain, the Boost build
scripts fail because mkdir commands are failing. I was able to build
Boost.Jam by manually creating the required directories within
Scratchbox. Now while building Boost 1.33, I'm trying to build the
Boost.Python module and it fails in a similar way on MKDIR. I want to
fix this mkdir failure problem because I can't manually keep creating
each required directory.
Would appreciate it someone could help me out with this. Looking at
the archives I've read emails that indicate Boost has been
successfully built within Scratchbox. This is probably a problem in my
Scratchbox environment, but don't know how to fix it. I'll post a
similar email on Scratchbox forums too.

Thanks in advance.

Rohit