From: RIVASSEAU Jean Noel (JN.RIVASSEAU_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-27 08:25:52

Hello

The following code (attached) demonstrate a problem that I have. I am trying to serialize via pointer to base class (MObject) which is abstract. The docs say that a compile error will occur when trying to do that. I don't have any compile time errors emitted but the build fails at link time (it does not instantiate the save/load code for the abstract base class).

The solutions provided in the docs are: write BOOST_IS_ABSTRACT(MObject): I did that and nothing changes;

Or

Implement is_abstract for your compiler. I do not understand what this means. Can you help me out ?

Currently the only workaround I have is to not make the base class abstract, but I would like it to be abstract...

Jean-Noël