From: Calderon Hector (hhcalderon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-01 12:59:13

HI all,

Thread support in boost is good. However,

1.- I don't see how to lock a file (fstream) for reading/writing. Do I have to use OS functions?

2.- How do I set a thread to be low priority? Do I have to go to the OS again?

I think these are somewhat basic operations. If they are already implemented, can you tell me how to use them. If not, can you tell me if there are plans/steps taken to implement something like 'boost/filesystem/convenience.hpp' (a file with convenience operations).

++Hector C.

Yahoo! Mail