From: Glenn Thorne (gathorne_NOSPAM_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-01 18:56:45

I want to use several of the Boost libraries in a project I'm working on and
am a little concerned over a potential conflict between the website
information and the Boost license language.

On the website it mentions that the license is "not viral" but the language
in the Boost license states that ".. and to permit third-parties to whom the
Software is furnished to do so, all subject to the following: The copyright
notices in the Software and this entire statement, including the above
license grant, this restriction and the following disclaimer, must be
included in all copies of the Software, in whole or in part, and all
derivative works of the Software, unless such copies or derivative works are
solely in the form of machine-executable object code generated by a source
language processor."

It seems to me that since derivative works must be subject to the license,
any code I link with the Boost libraries would also be subject to the Boost
license. Am I reading this correctly or is there a different
interpretation?

Thanks!

Glenn