From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-02 12:06:05

I took a look at this and it made no sense to me.

I couldn't compile it as it needed a file QString to compile.

I did have occasion to look into the code and Its not obvious to me what
your intention here.

It looks like you're trying to store class id information into the archive
so that the proper
class can be reconstructed. But that can't be it as the serialization
library already does that.

Also I notice that you're using extended_type_info_typeid as well as
extended_type_info_no_rtti.
This is very odd to me as I would expect that one's environment either has
rtti enable or it doesn't.
so I would expect either one or the other but not both.

Anyway, sorrty I couldn't be more help.

Robert Ramey

"RIVASSEAU Jean Noel" <JN.RIVASSEAU_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
Hello

This is my last problem with the BSL but the most important one (because
there is no workaround).

I am trying to serialize a class (whose name is "ClassSpecification") which
has a std::vector of pointers. The code for serializing the class the
pointer refer to (MemberVariableSpecification) is written and instantiated
correctly. However I cannot correctly serialize the std::vector. It fails
with a message complaining about:

C:/Boost/include/boost-1_33_1/boost/archive/detail/iserializer.hpp:115:
error: incomplete type
`boost::serialization::extended_type_info_null<std::vector<MemberVariableSpecification*,
std::allocator<MemberVariableSpecification*> > >' used in nested name
specifier

I do not understand why I need an extended_type_info for this vector. I sure
need it for the class the pointers refer to (and I did specify it), but the
std::vector itself is serialized as such, not as a pointer. Why do I get
this error ???

Can you please check the attached code and help me?

Thanks

Jean-Noël

Ps: using gcc 3.4.2