From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-13 11:18:28

Hmmm - maybe this question is about something else entirely.

xml serialization uses the boost library spirit. I was really
NOT looking forward to writing yet another xml parser.
(Actually I was NOT looking forward to writing yet another
parser period - which by the way is one of the main motivations
for writing the serialization library in the first place!). I found
spirit (as part of boost naturally) which included a parser for
xml - eureka. well almost, I had to learn more about spirit,
tweak the xml grammar to get it compile on all the compilers,
address the fact that spirt 1.8 doesn't work on older compilers,
etc. This still took some time. But it was fun for me to spend
the time this way. Also, once I got it working - it's work great!!!
and I haven't had to go back and continually tweak things.

I don't know if this answers anyone's questions - but there it is.

Robert Ramey