From: Oni Vagrant (onivagrant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-01 03:26:27

It's my understanding, and I could be wrong, that a failing test case is one
where you expect failure. Testing only correct values or operations doesn't
tell you that the test succeeded, if you also don't test values or
operations you do not want to succeed.

In your situation, you might want to test a single node serialization that
should not work, and make sure that the test actually goes the way you
expect it too.

My apologies for butting in here, I'm rather new to this list and this was
the first thing I felt confidant enough in answering.

Al Bechard