From: Stephen Gross (sgross_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-05 13:19:40

>Why don't just use Blitz++ for various expressions/equations? ;)

I didn't know about blitz++, but I've just now taken a quick look at it. It
appears designed for performance above all, which is not the idea behind my
equation toolkit. The equation toolkit is designed to let you *easily* write
straight-forward equations, combine them, and re-assign them as you want.
For instance:

=================
Equation e = x + y
print e(x -> 1, y -> 2)
e = y
print e(y -> 9)
e = z + 2 * y / a + b
print e(a -> 2, b -> 5, y -> 100, z -> 50)

The advantage is that you can easily change an equation so you don't
actually have to write functions for each equation. If you have a situation
where you need to dynamically change around equations a lot during runtime,
this system should (ideally) be useful.

--Steve