From: Sebastian Weber (sebastian.weber_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-06 08:01:33

Hello everybody!

Please don't blame for beeing foolish - I'm using the iterator-adapter
class for the first time. I converted a standard iterator from a
std::vector with the iterator_adapter stuff into another class
random_set_iterator. But at certain points in my programm I need the
random_set_iterator converted back to the original iterator class from
the vector class. I noticed the base()-function which basically does the
job, but I think there should be a more elegant and clearer way to do
it. Am I wrong or shouldn't an adapted iterator almost always be
convertible to it's base iterator? I'm sure, it should not hard to
implement somthing like this, but how?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Sebastian