From: Greg Link (link_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-13 15:12:07

Fellow Boost Users -
        I'm interested in doing bivariate interpolation (Shepard's, for
example) in C++, and can't find a library with a suitable routine
just yet. I've tried Matpack ( http://users.physik.tu-muenchen.de/
gammel/matpack/html/matpack_frame.html ), but found that their class,
while seemingly functional, does quite a bit more smoothing than I'd
like, and I can't seem to tweak it in any way to make it less
aggressive in it's smoothing. Does anyone know of a library/source
for a bivariate interpolation method other than Matpack? Boost's Math
library seems fairly lightweight, so doesn't seem much help. I
apologize if this seems a bit off-topic (as boost doesn't satisfy my
need) but it's an interesting library question, so I'm hoping it's
not too offensive. Any reommendations as to other lists that might be
better suited (and their sign-up URL/info) are also appreciated.

- Greg Link